Burlington, Vermont, has more to offer than meets the eye. It's more than maple syrup, fall leaves, and the craft beer capital of the northeast. Whether you're traveling with your family or visiting with adventure in mind, you'll find an activity that suits your Burlington bucket list. And no matter how you spend your days, you'll find ample space to recharge at The Essex—and then head out the next day to do it all over again.
· Resort Activities ·
Elevate your culinary skills at Burlington's best cooking class. Learn new cooking techniques or perfect skills you already have in a personalized setting.
Tennis at The Essex
Take a swing on one of the resort's championship tennis courts. Play a game on your own or even try your hand at single or doubles on one of the top ten courts in the world.
Our backyard is your backyard. Sip an ice cold cocktail, local beer, or glass of wine at The Tavern at The Essex. Come early or stay late to play lawn games or relax at a picnic table.
Spa at The Essex
Indulge in the tranquil essence of Vermont during a ritual, massage, or facial, or freshen up your look at our on-site salon.
How do you Vermont?
Vermont boasts wide open space, fresh air, gorgeous views and more. The perfect destination for a road trip with so much to see and do for all types of travelers. Choose your ideal travel style & let The Essex Resort's guest specialists help guide you to unique “Vermont-ing” Experiences perfect just for you.
Find your personalized travel itinerary curated by The Essex team, whether you're an adventurer, naturalist, foodie, or more.
· Things to Do Near The Essex Resort ·
Discover Fun for Every Season
- Lake Champlain Community Sailing
- Let’s Go Sailing
- Lake Champlain-Spirit of Ethan Allen Cruises
- Whistling Man Schooner Cruises
- Sail BTV
- Champlain Classic Charters
- True North Kayak Tours
- Umiak Outdoor Outfitters
- PaddleSurf Champlain Standup Paddle
- Maple County Anglers
- Schirmer’s Fly Shop & Tours
- Lake Champlain Fishing Charters
- Bayside Paddle Sports
- Apple Island Marina Boat Rentals
- Bolton Valley Ski Area (Day & Night Ski)
- Smuggler’s Notch Ski Area
- Sugarbush Ski Area
- Stowe Ski Area
- Mad River Glen Ski Area
- Camel Hump Nordic Ski Area
- Catamount Outdoor (Cross Country Ski)
- Rikert Nordic Center
- October Siberians Dog Sled Tour
- Umiak Outdoor Outfitters (Dog Sled)
- Snowmobile Vermont
- Green Mountain Snowmobile
- Gentle Giants Sleigh Rides
- Saxon Hill Bike Trail
- Red Rocks Park
- Burlington Segway Tours
- Catamount Outdoor Family Center - Hiking, Running, Mountain Biking
- The Links at Lang Farm Golf Course
- Williston Golf Club
- Essex Golf Country Club
- Hiking Mount Mansfield at Stowe
- Scenic Auto Toll Road at Mount Mansfield
- Niquette Bay State Park
- Winooski Falls
- Moss Glenn Falls
- Burly Axe Throwing
Summer Activities Program
We hope you enjoy our onsite summer activities. Explore our culinary scene with cooking classes, interactive fine dining & over 30 local brews & ciders on tap in The Tavern. Feed your body, mind & spirit at Spa at The Essex.
Nestled between the Adirondacks and Green Mountains, with nearby experiences that include Lake Champlain and Burlington, the area surrounding The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa is a playground for Vermont adventurers. Explore Local Breweries, Check out the Waterfalls & Swimming Holes, Bike, Hike , Golf or Simply Enjoy the Outdoors. Vermont Adventure Awaits...