How Do You Vermont
Choose Your Travel Style
Vermont boasts wide open space, fresh air, gorgeous views and more. The perfect destination for a road trip with so much to see and do for all types of travelers. Choose your ideal travel style & let The Essex Resort's guest specialists help guide you to unique “Vermont-ing” Experiences perfect just for you.
You seek thrills, excitement & blaze your own trail.
You're all about getting close to nature.
You explore the world through sight, smell & taste.
You seek the best balance for both mind & body.
You look for & create art & style in all that you do.
THE HOPS LOVER
A beer enthusiast, you love the taste, smells & process.
The Adventurist - Top Things To Do
The Naturalist - Top Things To Do
The Foodie - Top Things To Do
The Spiritualist - Top Things To Do
The Culturalist -Top Things To Do
The Hops Lover - Things To Do
Choose from more of the Top Local Picks
Fun for Every Season
- Lake Champlain Community Sailing
- Let’s Go Sailing
- Lake Champlain-Spirit of Ethan Allen Cruises
- Whistling Man Schooner Cruises
- Sail BTV
- Champlain Classic Charters
- True North Kayak Tours
- Umiak Outdoor Outfitters
- PaddleSurf Champlain Standup Paddle
- Maple County Anglers
- Schirmer’s Fly Shop & Tours
- Lake Champlain Fishing Charters
- Bayside Paddle Sports
- Apple Island Marina Boat Rentals
- Bolton Valley Ski Area (Day & Night Ski)
- Smuggler’s Notch Ski Area
- Sugarbush Ski Area
- Stowe Ski Area
- Mad River Glen Ski Area
- Camel Hump Nordic Ski Area
- Catamount Outdoor (Cross Country Ski)
- Rikert Nordic Center
- October Siberians Dog Sled Tour
- Umiak Outdoor Outfitters (Dog Sled)
- Snowmobile Vermont
- Green Mountain Snowmobile
- Gentle Giants Sleigh Rides
- Saxon Hill Bike Trail
- Red Rocks Park
- Burlington Segway Tours
- Catamount Outdoor Family Center - Hiking, Running, Mountain Biking
- The Links at Lang Farm Golf Course
- Williston Golf Club
- Essex Golf Country Club
- Hiking Mount Mansfield at Stowe
- Scenic Auto Toll Road at Mount Mansfield
- Niquette Bay State Park
- Winooski Falls
- Moss Glenn Falls
- Burly Axe Throwing
More Great Local Breweries
We hope you enjoy our onsite summer activities. Explore our culinary scene with cooking classes, interactive fine dining & over 30 local brews & ciders on tap in The Tavern. Feed your body, mind & spirit at Spa at The Essex.
Nestled between the Adirondacks and Green Mountains, with nearby experiences that include Lake Champlain and Burlington, the area surrounding The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa is a playground for Vermont adventurers. Explore Local Breweries, Check out the Waterfalls & Swimming Holes, Bike, Hike , Golf or Simply Enjoy the Outdoors. Vermont Adventure Awaits...