Burlington, Vermont, has more to offer than meets the eye. It's more than maple syrup, fall leaves, and the craft beer capital of the northeast. Whether you're traveling with your family or visiting with adventure in mind, you'll find an activity that suits your Burlington bucket list. And no matter how you spend your days, you'll find ample space to recharge at The Essex—and then head out the next day to do it all over again.
From the lakes, to the mountains, Vermont boasts fresh air, gorgeous views & so much to see & do for all types of travelers. Summer like you mean it with exciting Vermont Adventures like a hot air balloon ride, stand-up paddle board tour, axe throwing or apple picking at Chapin Orchards.
Our Adventures Experts Highly Recommend
Above Reality Hot Air Balloon Rides – Explore Vermont from Above on this Magical Journey
Paddle Surf Champlain - Discover Fun & Freedom on Lake Champlain with these Guided favorites include The Red Rocks or The Sunset Stand-Up Paddle Tours
Burly Axe Throwing – Because who doesn’t love to Throw Some Axe?
Chapin Orchards - Pick Your Own Vermont Apples.
How do you Vermont?
Vermont boasts wide open space, fresh air, gorgeous views and more. The perfect destination for a road trip with so much to see and do for all types of travelers. Choose your ideal travel style & let The Essex Resort's guest specialists help guide you to unique “Vermont-ing” Experiences perfect just for you.
Find your personalized travel itinerary curated by The Essex team, whether you're an adventurer, naturalist, foodie, or more.
· Resort Activities ·
Elevate your culinary skills at Burlington's best cooking class. Learn new cooking techniques or perfect skills you already have in a personalized setting.
Tennis at The Essex
Take a swing on one of the resort's championship tennis courts. Play a game on your own or even try your hand at single or doubles on one of the top ten courts in the world.
Our backyard is your backyard. Sip an ice cold cocktail, local beer, or glass of wine at The Tavern at The Essex. Come early or stay late to play lawn games or relax at a picnic table.
Spa at The Essex
Indulge in the tranquil essence of Vermont during a ritual, massage, or facial, or freshen up your look at our on-site salon.
· Things to Do Near The Essex Resort ·
Discover Fun for Every Season
- Lake Champlain Community Sailing
- Let’s Go Sailing
- Lake Champlain-Spirit of Ethan Allen Cruises
- Whistling Man Schooner Cruises
- Sail BTV
- Champlain Classic Charters
- True North Kayak Tours
- Umiak Outdoor Outfitters
- PaddleSurf Champlain Standup Paddle
- Maple County Anglers
- Schirmer’s Fly Shop & Tours
- Lake Champlain Fishing Charters
- Bayside Paddle Sports
- Apple Island Marina Boat Rentals
- Bolton Valley Ski Area (Day & Night Ski)
- Smuggler’s Notch Ski Area
- Sugarbush Ski Area
- Stowe Ski Area
- Mad River Glen Ski Area
- Camel Hump Nordic Ski Area
- Catamount Outdoor (Cross Country Ski)
- Rikert Nordic Center
- October Siberians Dog Sled Tour
- Umiak Outdoor Outfitters (Dog Sled)
- Snowmobile Vermont
- Gentle Giants Sleigh Rides
- Saxon Hill Bike Trail
- Red Rocks Park
- Burlington Segway Tours
- Catamount Outdoor Family Center - Hiking, Running, Mountain Biking
- The Links at Lang Farm Golf Course
- Williston Golf Club
- Essex Golf Country Club
- Hiking Mount Mansfield at Stowe
- Scenic Auto Toll Road at Mount Mansfield
- Niquette Bay State Park
- Winooski Falls
- Moss Glenn Falls
- Burly Axe Throwing