BELOW ARE IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT YOUR STAY
IMPORTANT-PLEASE READ CURRENT VERMONT SATE TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT
Vermont Travel Restrictions
Please review current Vermont Travel Restrictions below or directly from the State of Vermont at accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel
No Quarantine Required
- I am a critical worker as defined by the State of Vermont; OR
- I have not left the state of Vermont for any reason except essential travel in the past 14 days; OR
- I have been in a county in CT; MA; MD; ME; NH; NJ; NY; OH; PA; RI; VA; Washington, D.C.; or WV with fewer than 400 active COVID-19 cases per million, as set forth on the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development’s website*, and I did not travel to Vermont by air or bus; OR
PLEASE NOTE: The Hotel also can accept Reservations from Travelers from a high-risk area not identified as having a similar active COVID-19 caseload if they complete a quarantine before arriving at The Hotel.
- I have traveled to Vermont from another state, and I traveled directly from my home in my personal vehicle, and I have completed a 14-day self-quarantine (or a 7-day self-quarantine followed by a negative test result) in that state; OR
- I have traveled to Vermont from another state, and I will complete a 14-day self-quarantine (or a 7-day self-quarantine followed by a negative test result) in Vermont at a lodging establishment or residence, and I acknowledge that I must stay in my quarantine location for the duration of the quarantine.
- Read more about quarantining at the Vermont Department of Health website.
All out of state travelers are strongly encouraged to register with Sara Alert upon arrival to Vermont to get daily reminders to check for common symptoms of COVID-19.
View updated map here: accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel
Certification of Requirements
All guests will be asked to affirm the follow statement digitally on the day of arrival pre-registration form.
- I certify that I have reviewed the State of Vermont out-of-state traveler guidelines and travel map and comply with current health and safety requirements for traveling to, from, and within the State of Vermont.
- I further certify that I understand all travelers should stay home if ill (with any symptoms); maintain physical distance of at least 6’ from anyone outside their household; wear a cloth mask when in public spaces; and wash or sanitize hands often.
Don’t miss out! Advanced Reservations are currently required by the State for our Restaurants, Cook Academy and Spa. For restaurant reservations, click here or call 802-764-1489. For Cook Academy Reservations, click here or call 802-878-1100. For Spa reservations, click here or call 802-764-1452.
DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Reservations must be cancelled/modified outside of 24-hour policy. Cancellation prior to 24 hours are subject to a $20 fee. 100% of the remaining room rate and applicable tax will be charged for unscheduled departures
The 24 Hour cancel policy does not apply to any pre-paid, non-refundable offers.
All reservations must be guaranteed with credit card at time of booking. A deposit is required at the time of booking equal to the first nights’ room and tax
Group Cancellation Policy: A separate cancellation policy applies for all call-in group cancellations. Please contact your group coordinator for details on the specific policy.
Non-Refundable Cancellation Policy: This reservation requires full pre-payment and is non-cancellable, non-amendable and non-refundable. We will charge the full amount of the reservation to the credit card you used to make this reservation shortly after the reservation is made.
The Essex Resort & Spa is a non-smoking hotel for all guestrooms, hallways, stairwells and public spaces. A $300 room recovery fee will be charged to the registered guests for smoking in the guestroom.
TAXES & FEES
Taxes: 9% Occupancy Tax, $1.50 VTDMF per day is added to all reservations
Resort Fee: $26 per night per room is additional to the room rate.
Resort Fee Includes:
- Wireless internet access
- Pool and fitness center access
- Overnight Parking
- Morning Coffee in the Lobby (6AM- 9AM)
- Sports Equipment Rental- Bicycles, Snowshoes, Tennis, Basketball
- Lobby Refreshments at 5PM
- Chef Demos in Junction Open Kitchen (3PM-4PM)
- Driving Range Access (seasonal)
As part of our commitment to provide the highest level of service to our guests, The Essex Resort & Spa welcomes dogs staying with their owners in designated guest rooms. The Essex does charge a $150 non-refundable cleaning fee per STAY - Dogs will receive a welcome bag with a dog bowl, dog toy & poop bags as well as a dog bed in the room if your pooch would like one. This fee will be added to your reservation upon check-in and is nonrefundable.
To ensure a comfortable stay for all guests of The Essex, we have developed the following guidelines for pet etiquette:
- Weight limit for dogs is 50 pounds.
- There is a limit of two dogs per guest room. Any unreported pet will be charged a $300 nonrefundable cleaning fee.
- Pet owner agrees to keep their pet on a leash or in a kennel while on The Essex property. In order to maintain a harmonious environment for all our guests, dogs are welcome on the patios of both our restaurants, Junction and The Tavern Restaurant.
- Pet owner/guest agrees not to leave their pet unattended at any time while the pet is at The Essex.
- A pet that becomes aggressive or disruptive to any The Essex guest or employee must be immediately removed from the hotel upon request.
- Pet owner/guest agrees that if their pet barks in the guest room and becomes a disturbance to other guests, Pet owner/guest must depart hotel at Management discretion.
- Pet owner accepts full responsibility for any and all liability, claims, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) for personal injury or property damage that may result from the pet. The Company shall not bear any responsibility for the negligent or intentional acts of pet owner/guest or their pet which cause property damage to the facility or to the personal property of any other third persons, including, without limitation, the Company's guests, customers, employees, and agents, or personal injury to any other third persons, including, without limitation, the Company's guests, customers, employees, and agents utilizing Contractor’s services.
Pet Friendly Guest Rooms: There are a limited amount of designated pet friendly guest rooms located on property. Select pet friendly guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned and treated for potential allergens. Rooms are based upon availability.
Service Animals: With appropriate documentation, service animals are not be subject to a daily pet fee but must abide by applicable pet etiquette guidelines.