Health & Safety
GIVING OUR GUESTS PEACE OF MIND
The health and safety of our both guests and associates has always been a top priority for us at The Essex Resort & Spa. In addition to our standard, strict cleaning practices, we have enhanced our efforts across the resort. New standards are now being implemented to better ensure the cleanliness of our Resort and the safety of all our guests and staff. Our housekeeping team is using hospital-grade cleaning agents, paying extra attention to high-touch surfaces in guestrooms and throughout public areas when cleaning and disinfecting. Our employees are constantly being trained on best practices.
A New Standard of Cleanliness
We have developed new sanitation and hygiene practices using approved hospital-grade chemicals, procedures, and equipment to ensure the highest level of cleanliness in all areas of the resort.
Stayover Service: Light Stayover Housekeeping Services is available every day.
Guest Room Sanitation Prior to Arrival:
- Disinfecting: Sanitation chemicals proven to kill 99.9% of all germs and viruses will be used in guest rooms prior to guest arrival.
- 8-Point High-Touch Cleaning: A checklist of frequently touched areas in each guest room will be maintained, to ensure that they receive extra disinfection.
- Public Area Cleanliness: Multi-Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant will be used on all high-touch surfaces in our public areas.
Eight Point High-Touch Areas of Deep Cleaning
- Switches & Electronic Controls: lights, lamps, switches, and climate control panels
- Handles & Knobs: doors, closets, drawers, furniture knobs and blinds
- Bathroom & Bath Amenities: toilet handles/seats, splash walls, shower/tub controls, sink faucets, individual amenities, tissue boxes, soap dishes, amenity trays & hair dryer
- Telephones, Remote Controls & Clocks: handsets, dial pads & buttons
- Bed & Bedding: all bed linens including duvet covers, pillowcases & sheets
- Hard Surfaces: tables, desk, and nightstands
- Closet & Dresser Goods: iron, safe handle, and keypad
- In-Room Amenities: mini fridge
Spa Health & Safety
People are seeking ways to improve their health and well-being, and the use of exercise equipment, pools as well as spa services and beauty treatments are necessary to meet individual guests’ needs. To ensure consistency in keeping both our guests and employees safe, we intend to implement best practices so everyone can relax and have Peace of Mind when visiting Spa at The Essex.
- Sanitation: Guests not only see that a spa is clean, but it is a priority to show them and educate them on the many ways the Spa at the Essex takes sanitation seriously.
- Surface Checklist: Cleaning checklist for all workstations, treatment areas, countertops, massage & facial tables, chairs, warming equipment, reception & common areas, skincare equipment, fitness machines to be completed after each use.
- Employee Health and Hygiene: Safer at Home program strictly enforced.
- Fitness and Activities: Physical distancing for equipment layout and activities.
- Add additional signage to remind guests they are required to wipe down equipment after use. Limit guests allowed into fitness center at one time. Removed water machine and are providing bottled water at this time.
- Pool Health & Safety; Laminated signs that tells the guest that the lounge chairs have been sanitized or if sanitation is required at that time. Chaise lounge chairs to be sanitized each night. Guest contact surfaces are sanitized after each use. Towel rooms are stocked with towels that are individually wrapped in clear bags. Pool furniture re-set with proper physical distancing requirements.
- Sauna & Steam : These areas are sanitized with hospital grade disinfectants to ensure safe usage by guests.
FOOD & BEVERAGE BEST PRACTICES
Food & Beverage Operations and procedures will be forever changed and ensuring the safety of our guests and team members is paramount. Going forward, we will have much higher expectations for safety and sanitation with enhanced and visible procedures and excellent communications to earn your loyalty.
- General Safety & Sanitation: All employees have been re-trained in current food safety practices. ServSafe certificates required for all food and beverage employees.
- Reduced-Contact Service: Giving our guests personalized, memorable service is always a priority. Though our delivery of that service will alter, the standards will not diminish.
- Seating & Sanitation: Seating in accordance with physical distancing standards.
- Cook Academy: Cook Academy class sizes are limited. New safety and sanitation procedures have been implemented for the safety of our guests and chef.
Employee Safety Practices Keep Everyone Safer
Our employees take great care ensuring your stay is safe.
- PPE: Protective Personal Equipment is available to all employees to protect both them & others.
- Safer at Home: If an employee is not feeling well, or is showing any symptoms, or if they have a family member sick at home, they are asked and required to stay home from work.
- Sharing Safety: If a guest needs masks, sanitizer or wipes, our employees will be happy to provide them.
- Hand Sanitizers: Located at high traffic locations in the resort including at elevators landings on each floor, meeting rooms and the front desk.