RESORT UPDATE & VERMONT TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
The Essex Resort may accept overnight reservations from: Vermont residents or Travelers who travel from a county with a similar active COVID-19 caseload as Vermont.
PLEASE NOTE: The Hotel also can accept Reservations from Travelers from a high-risk area not identified as having a similar active COVID-19 caseload if they complete a quarantine before arriving at The Hotel. Travelers may complete either: (i) complete a 14-day quarantine; or (ii) complete a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test – in their home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions if they drive directly from their home via their personal vehicle and did not travel by air, train or bus.
A copy of a Vermont drivers license or a signed document from the guest(s) attesting they meet the quarantine requirement, have traveled from a county with similar active COVID-19 caseload per ACCD, are an essential/authorized worker, or are a Vermonter is required.
All guests must also complete the above health questionnaire certifying the following:
a. I have traveled to Vermont from another state, and I traveled directly from my home in my personal vehicle, and I have completed a 14-day self-quarantine (or a 7-day self-quarantine followed by a negative test result) in that state; OR OR Meet the No Quarantine Needed requirements: b. I am a resident of the state of Vermont OR c. I have not left the state of Vermont for any reason except essential travel in the past 14 days OR d. I am traveling from a county with fewer than 400 active COVID-19 cases per million, as set forth on the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development’s website and I did not travel to Vermont by air or bus, OR e. I am a critical worker as defined by the State of Vermont.
I have not had close contact within the past 14 days with a person confirmed to have COVID-19.
I do not currently, and have not had in the past 24 hours, any of the following symptoms: • A fever above 100.4° F / 38° C, or felt feverish; • Chills; • Muscle pain; • Sore throat; • Headache; • New loss of taste or smell.
All persons in my care who are under the age of 18 or who are dependent on my care meet the criteria described in items above. Please provide a list of the names of all such persons in your care.
All out-of-state guests register with Sara Alert to get daily reminders via text, email or phone from the Vermont Department of Health
Based on the latest government requirements and recommendations, we have made a few adjustments to our resort offerings:
- Enjoy indoor & outdoor dining at The Tavern
- Tavern TOGO for takeout, room service or delivery is also available as well as Grab & Go available from Front Desk Cafe.
- Listen to Live Music Nightly on The Tavern Patio.
- Enjoy Lawn Games in the Backyard; Bocce, Corn Hole, Can Jam.
- Resort Bicycles are available for guest use.
- The Indoor & Outoor Pools & Fitness Center are open to registered guests & members.
- Spa at The Essex is Open for Services.
- Tennis Courts are open, rackets & balls are available for use by resort guests.
- Cook Academy Classes avaialble Wednesday- Saturday. Currently we are offering all private classes and dinners (meaning one group per event) with a minumum of 4 people in a group.
- The Links at Lang Farm is adjacent to The Essex. With 18-holes of superb golf, a 20-station practice facility with a full bent-grass teeing area, a practice bunker and two putting and chipping greens, The Links at Lang Farm is a great place to practice and improve your game while social distancing. Guests at The Essex enjoy a complimentary golf shuttle to and from the course and can arrange tee times through our concierge.
- Valet and bell services are currently suspended, and you are free to park your vehicle in any open spot.
- Housekeeping service will be provided upon departure only, in order to maintain social distancing and ensure the safest environment for both guests and staff. Trash removal and fresh towels will be provided upon request.
- Please note Sauna, Steam Room & Hot Tub remain closed due to Vermont State guidelines.
In addition to our standard, strict cleaning practices, we have enhanced our efforts across the resort. Our housekeeping team is using hospital-grade cleaning agents, paying extra attention to high-touch surfaces in guestrooms and throughout public areas when cleaning and disinfecting. Our employees are constantly being updated on best practices, are wearing masks in all public areas, and have paid sick time available if they need to rest at home. We continue to monitor local, state and national health authorities, and will share additional information as needed.
AS REQUIRED BY THE STATE OF VERMONT
- Wear a mask in public areas.
- No groups of 25 or more may congregate in public or common areas.
- Wash your hands often using soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap & water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue. Do not cough into your hands.
- Prevent the spread of illness to others by staying home when you are feeling ill.
- Avoid touching your face.